Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:35:12 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SDSL in Silicon Valley

In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:

>I upgraded my net connection from 128kb isdn line to 416kb SDSL line provided
>by http://www.dspeed.net. Currently, I am paying $170 flat fee and that
>includes telco charges and isp charges for my sdsl line or about 50% less
>than what I was paying for my 128kb isdn line.

>My router  is a FlowPoint/2200 SDSL [CM] Router which cost me $490.
>The router has  four ether ports very nice - it saves me the expense
>of having an ether hub.

Wow, where did you get it for $490?  We just bought a pair for a WAN
connection but at $800 a crack.  The coolio thing about these little guys is
you can stick two of them back to back with upwards of 12,000 feet of copper
between them and run at 1.1Mbps.  We use em as a WAN for our facility...  No
expensive repeaters necessary!  Plug and play!

-Crh

       Charles Henrich       Manex Visual Effects       henrich@flnet.com

                       http://orbit.flnet.com/~henrich