Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:09:11 -0400
From:      rascal <rascal1981@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   question regarding IPSEC Setup

So I have a couple of questions regarding a scenario that has recently been
brought to me.  I have two sites, one with a cisco device and one with a
server running freebsd 7.2.  The client wants to connect the two sites using
these devices and I am told that the best way would be to establish an IPSEC
tunnel between the cisco device and the freebsd server.  The cisco is a
concentrator 3000 and the server is just a dell poweredge 860 with 4 nics in
the back running 7.2 freebsd.  I guess my two questions are:

1.  Has anyone done this before and what are their results?
2.  Is setting up an IPSEC tunnel the best route for this or is there
something else I should be looking at?
3.  Any tips/tricks/good sites to check on for setting up IPSEC on freebsd
(I am currently reading
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html which
is pretty darn good)?

Thanks in advance for any help!!