Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:49:55 -0700
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
To:        "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proper Way to Install OpenAFS Kernel Module

--On Friday, October 01, 2004 10:21 PM -0400 "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH"
<allbery@ece.cmu.edu> wrote:

> The usual way is to install it under LOCALBASE/etc and have a script in
> LOCALBASE/etc/rc.d load it, I think.

I am pretty sure that LOCALBASE is not /boot/modules on most systems.
Perhaps a /usr/local/boot/modules would be canonically correct.  The
thought of that also makes want to barf.  I don't want to do that because I
so enjoy my IBM Model M. :)

> (Is OpenAFS usable on FreeBSD yet?  Last I heard it had data corruption
> problems.)

I am just now doing some ad hoc testing on my newly built OpenAFS FreeBSD
client.  We shall see.

Later,
Jason C. Wells