Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 1997 18:07:54 +0900
From:      john cooper <john@isi.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        john@isi.co.jp, tokada@isi.co.jp
Subject:   HP 6020 CD-R Drive compatibility

Well it took me long enough to decide to buy an HP6020 CD writer.
And by the time I tried to do so, HP obsoleted the drive.  Can't
seem to easily find one on the CA Bay area as of last October.  I
assume it isn't any better by now.  The 6020 was SCSI-command
upward with the 4020, which was/is supported under FreeBSD 2.1->.

Anyway, HP superseded the 6020 with the 7100/7110 drive which does
CD-RW in addition to CD-R.  Can anyone answer any of the following:

1.  Any chance the CD-R SCSI command set for the 71*0 is compatible
    with the 6020/4020?  I'm only interested in CD-R at the moment.

2.  Any chance the FreeBSD driver/wormcontrol has been updated to
    support the 71*0?

And while I have the floor..  Has anyone extended the worm
driver/wormcontrol to support other drives/vendors?

Any and all feedback most appreciated.

Thanks,

-john