Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:34:12 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        =?iso-8859-15?Q?D=E1nielisz_L=E1szl=F3?= <laszlo_danielisz@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hdd voltage

--J5MfuwkIyy7RmF4Q

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:14:10PM -0800, D=E1nielisz L=E1szl=F3 wrote:
>  Roland,
>=20
>  I installed mbmon, it looks like its a great application, but I have a q=
uestion, I google it and I
>  found no answers yet.

>  With mbmon -r what values do you get? I figured out some but the rest I
>  have no idea for what stands for.

This is what I get:
mbmon -A -d
Summary of Detection:
 * ISA monitor(s):
  ** Winbond Chip W83627HF/THF/THF-A found.
mbmon -I -r -c1
TEMP0 : 33.0
TEMP1 : 39.0
TEMP2 : 22.0
FAN0  : 1687
FAN1  : 1350
FAN2  :    0
VC0   :  +2.48
VC1   :  +3.65
V33   :  +3.26
V50P  :  +5.48
V12P  : +10.09
V12N  :  +1.05
V50N  :  +0.33

The meaning of the tags is explained in /usr/local/share/doc/mbmon/ReadMe

I'm not sure as to how reliable this info is. E.g. My negative voltages are
_way_ off and the +12V doesn't look too well, but the system runs OK. The C=
PU
temperature (TEMP1) is much lower than the on-die temperatures that coretemp
reports but that could just be because the sensor from the winbond chip is =
in
another place.=20

And as I said earlier, chips like the Winbond only update their values once
every second. So you cannot use them to monitor fast changes.

Roland
--=20

--J5MfuwkIyy7RmF4Q

--J5MfuwkIyy7RmF4Q--