Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 22:48:25 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "danny" <danny@pentalpha.com.hk>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache probelm

From: danny <danny@pentalpha.com.hk>
>When I try to install apache13-fp on my FreeBSD 2.27 stable. I have the
>follow error.Creating root web
>'/usr/local/share/doc/apache' does not refer to a page in this web.
>ERROR:  / installation failed.Hit enter to continue

This problem was fixed in PR ports/8857.  You need to update your ports
tree, or download the latest apache13-fp port.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/www/apache13-fp.tar

Also, if you use suexec, you might want to apply the patches in PR
ports/8883. This PR syncs the "User" directive (httpd.conf) with the user
that suexec expects the server to be running as.

Scot