Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:49:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Oliveiro <joe@advancewebhosting.com>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>, guenther.schmidt@bigfoot.de, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Processes that have been terminated still resident in system!

Thats not the only thing, I've notice the same problem with apache running
php. What happens is that all the apache childs die off leaving the master
running which wont die even if i kill -9 <pid> it.

With netscape/SO you should be able to kill the PIDs have free up the
consumed resources.

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey,when are you guys going to catch up"