Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:30:18 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Anthony <asusu@tcac.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP, i cant run windows now!

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 at 13:30 SAT, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 01:14:41PM -0500, Anthony wrote:
> >> HI
> >> I havent installed FreeBSD just yet but i REALLY want to. I want
> >> freeBSD for me + windows95 on my computer for my family. When ever
> >> I use FIPS.EXE to free up space for freeBSD i cant get back into to
> >> windows at all. It gives me this message--

[ snip ]

> The real answer to Anthony is:  "Tell us more about your system and
> what you have done to it so far".  I can't answer this question
> myself, since I don't do Microsoft, but I'm sure others will if they
> are given the background they need.

>From the way he put it, I think Anthony might have been trying to run
FIPS.EXE _whilst_ operating under Windows 95.  Baaaaad mistake.

Anthony, try booting into a DOS prompt (F8 while booting), and run FIPS from
there.  Of course, before running something as potentially destructive as
FIPS, backup all data first.

-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878