Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:11:23 -0700
From:      =?Windows-1250?Q?Derek_Kuli=F1ski?= <takeda@takeda.tk>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stack backtrace

Hello Kris,

> It looks like debugging code (it's been removed in -current).

> Jeff:

> in 1.141 of ffs_softdep.c you added a call to backtrace() if bp->b_vp
> == NULL..you removed it in current in 1.166, but some people are
> seeing it trigger on 5.x

So it's harmless?

As for debugging, I compiled kernel with:
makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
options         KDB
options         KDB_TRACE
options         DDB

To have coredump, if system crashes (I didn't oticed any slowdown, so
I guess it doesn't hurt)

Are those last three options necessary to get core? Or is only
DEBUG=-g needed?

--
Best regards,
 Derek                            mailto:takeda@takeda.tk

Trying to outsmart a compiler defeats much of the purpose of using one.
-- Kernighan & Plauger, "The Elements of Programming Style"