Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 17:30:51 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Matt Curtin <cmcurtin@interhack.net>
Cc:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD, GPL, the world today.

Matt Curtin wrote:

> >>>>> On Thu, 13 May 1999 10:25:21 -0400, Dennis <dennis@etinc.com> said:
>
> Dennis> All software has bugs
>
> TeX has no bugs.

TeX has no *known* bugs.  To the best of my knowlege, even Dr. Knuth
has not yet been able to *prove* it is correct.

> But it's the exception, not the rule.

It certainly is, but perhaps it shouldn't be.

I've worked on a few carefully verified systems, and they are quite
expensived to create.  They're the kind of systems that you hope
would be carefully checked, though, since they involve flinging
nuclear bombs at people.

Anyone want to pony up a few dozen million dollars to do an NSCCA
on FreeBSD?