Date:      13 Jan 2003 11:35:42 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: glibwww-0.2.tar.gz has zero file length on ftp.freebsd.org

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 04:13, Donn Miller wrote:
> In /pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles, glibwww-0.2.tar.gz has zero file length,
> and it has propagated to all the FreeBSD distfiles mirrors.  For example,
> on ftp.freebsd.org:
>
> ftp> pwd
> 257 "/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles" is current directory.
>
> ftp> ls glibwww-0.2.tar.gz
> 229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||54794|)
> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
> -rw-r--r--  1 1006  1006  0 Dec 28 04:27 glibwww-0.2.tar.gz
>
> Note the file length of 0 bytes.  It caused a checksum error and my port
> of /usr/ports/www/glibwww to fail.  Same deal when I tried to set ftp6 and
> ftp8.freebsd.org as the FTP site in /etc/make.conf.  Obviously,
> glibwww-0.2.tar.gz has a length of 0 bytes on all the ftp mirrors now.
>
> I'm assuming that you guys are the ones to notify about this, although it
> could have been caused by an error on ftp.freebsd.org

Actually, we have no control over the distfiles.  That's handled by
FreeBSD admins.  However, what you're seeing is a known issue, and
someone said they were looking into it.  Let me know if it's not solved
by tomorrow.  In the meantime, you should be able to get the file from
the normal GNOME mirrors.

Joe