Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:17:12 -0700
From:      <dteske@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "'Chris H'" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>, "'Doug Hardie'" <bc979@lafn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 9.2 Boot Problem

He's using console=3Dcomconsole (serial boot).
When that is the case, loader_color is automatically set to NO.
There's no reason to set both loader_color=3DNO and console=3D
comconsole. The code that does this is here:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/release/9.2.0/sys/boot/forth/color.4th?revis=
ion=3D255898&view=3Dmarkup
Line 48 within the loader_color? function:
	boot_serial? if FALSE else TRUE then

As for answering the quandary of where the keyboard is polled
during the timeout countdown, that's the getkey function in here:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/release/9.2.0/sys/boot/forth/menu.4th?revisi=
on=3D255898&view=3Dmarkup
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.