Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:18:48 -0400
From:      Nathan Mace <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't rip CD's

i'm trying to set up my freebsd 4.3 stable box to rip audio cd's.  i've tried grip with dagrab, and thats not working.  if anyone can point to a tutorial about grip on freebsd it would be great

i've also followed the tutorial on the link below....however i got to the point where you have to get an older version of xmcd...i can't find any version but the version that i have....and it gives the exact same error as the one in the tutorial.....

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/09/13/Big_Scary_Daemons.html

so...any suggestions?  also can any replies be cc'd to my email address because i'm subscribed to this list.  thanks for your time

nathan