Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:41:25 -0700
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        "M.C Wong" <mcwong@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kdehelp coredump on 2.2.5R

At 01:07 PM 1/27/98 EST, someone wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I;ve just installed all KDE binaries from ftp.freebsd.org. But when I
>use kdehelp, it always coredumps with Bad system call error.
>
>Any idea ?
>
>Regards,
>M.C Wong

Check your kernel.  You may need to recompile it to support "System V
interface definition-style interprocess communication, in the form of
shared memory, semaphores, and message queues, respectively." by adding
these lines to your kernel configuration:

    #
    # These three options provide support for System V Interface
    # Definition-style interprocess communication, in the form of shared
    # memory, semaphores, and message queues, respectively.
    #
    options         SYSVSHM
    options         SYSVSEM
    options         SYSVMSG

That seemed to work for me.  I don't know which are required and which are
not.  I just copied all three options from the LINT config. and recompiled,
and KDE's help worked just fine for me.

Aaron out.