Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:47:23 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RFC: Change to "why does my mail to FreeBSD.org bounce" FAQ

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:59:43 +0100
Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net> wrote:

> As a result of the spamfest on -questions today (which I am, yet
> again, partly responsible for), it came to my attention that the FAQ
> is lacking a reason why mail to hub.FreeBSD.org may be rejected.
>
> I've tried to knock up a patch for this, but DNS and I are too
> familiar for me to able to do it properly - I don't think people
> will understand the answer, and I need someone to knock it into
> shape.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ceri
>
> Here's my attempt :

Its a wonderful attempt!  Let me add one thing, just say what you want
to say in a very understandable mannor:

``Mail sent from your personal computer or networked computer will not
be processed unless you have a legal (registered) domain name.  Just
making up one for your internal network does not qualify as a legal
(registered) domain name.  For email to be accepted at hub.FreeBSD.org
you will be required to use the email address from your ISP or another
email address from a qualified domain.  In plain english, if you
cannot accept mail to your computer with (whoever@example.com) then
your email may most likly bounce as a result.''

What do you think, not perfect, but build on that ;)  Let me know the
outcome of your decision.

> --
> keep a mild groove on

Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes