Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:47:57 -0600
From:      Andrew.Hodgkins@hurlburt.af.mil
To:        pekkas@netcore.fi, imp@village.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 3.5-S->4.2-S: still fail w/ setresuid on miniperl

Ralf Engelschall posted a detailed procedure that he used for updating from
3.5-S to 4.1-S, which can be found in the archives at:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=699499+0+/usr/local/www/db/text
/2000/freebsd-stable/20000806.freebsd-stable

I've also used it to go to 4.2-S and it works equally well...it might help
with your buildworld snags, Pekka.  Worth a look at least.  ;)

It could also be useful to incorporate some or all of Ralf's procedure into
UPDATING.  There have been a few minor changes since it was written ('make
kernel' target, KERNCONF variable instead of KERNEL, etc.) but nothing that
breaks it AFAIK.

HTH,
Andy