Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:00:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to get older version of php5-mbstring

> Pieter Donche ?????:
> > # pkg_delete php5-mbstring-5.2.8
> >
> > But now it seems that my Drupal 6.9 continues to look for
> > php5-mbstring-5.2.8 (not looking at php5-mbstring-5.2.9)
> >
> > How can I install php5-mbstring-5.2.8 again via the ports ??
>

> I think you problem can be solved by:
>
> 1) pkgdb -F

This I don't understand, how can a pkgdb -F restore a package which
you have deleted ? From the man page of pkgdb, -F seems only to
"resolve stale dependencies, unlink cyclic dependencies, complete stale or
missing origins and remove duplicates."

Isn't there a way to find in the ports collection an older version of
a package somewhere ??