Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 00:35:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Yann Ramin <yramin@redshift.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Funny Network Transit Delays

Are you sure the duplex settings are correct on all nics?  If they are on
coax or a hub, it should be set to half duplex.  If you are connected to a
switch or a crossover cable,  you may use full duplex on the nic only if
the other end is set to full.  I wouldn't trust any "Auto" settings until
it can be assured that it doesn't hurt.