Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:47:29 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
Cc:        martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recompiled 6.0 does not boot -- need help !!

> loader.old??? AFAIK loader is not rebuilt while compiling kernel and
> there is no such file like loader.old created!

It is installed with world and not kernel then. Sorry for getting that
wrong, I didn't check. But it makes no difference to the original poster
because he reinstalled both world and kernel:

 > i recompiled kernel (and world) and it does not boot anymore.

Of course, the handbook recommends installing a new kernel and rebooting
before installing world, but people keep doing it differently ;).

- Bartosz