Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:19:52 +0000
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@valentine.me.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
Cc:        wollman@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's up with /usr/src/usr.bin/alias?

> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
> Date: Wed 3 Mar, 2004
> Subject: Re: What's up with /usr/src/usr.bin/alias?

> Hmmm!   That's interesting...  We may have something misconfigured in
> the conformance test suite which is causing it to flag these.

On further reading there's additional support for the current behaviour
in the introductory section Command Search and Execution:

    "If the command name contains at least one slash, the shell
    shall execute the utility in a separate utility environment..."

So it's not as if the implementation has to detect that /usr/bin/cd is
a built-in or anything.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*