Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:23:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Robinson <wigstah@akitanet.co.uk>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, redhat-list@redhat.com
Subject:   Re: Partition for Merit AAA Radius

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Danny wrote:

> Situation
>
> - I need to deploy Merit AAA Radius

OK, firstly, question *that* choice carefully... take a look at
www.freeradius.org... trust me, you will want to look at this for so many
reasons, I'm not going to list them here... :)

> 1) How would I assign my partitions?

If you're taking RADIUS accounting data, make /var nice and big and tasty,
but apart from that, it doesn't make much difference. The only other place
that is going to get bloated is the place where your configs and user
files are going to be (which I suspect whether it's flatfile, dbm or
passwd, it's all going to end up in /etc).

--
Paul Robinson - Developer/Systems Administrator @ Akitanet Internet