Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:39:43 -0500
From:      "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>, "Born, Clinton" <Clinton.Born@dig.com>
Subject:   Re: Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

On 7/31/06, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> [...]

No that's called vendor lock-in. I make it a point to buy & recommend
software that will run on at least two different platforms. People who
can code on multiple platforms are usually more experienced and
produce better code and are more willing to port to other platforms
and work with you.

Here's my decision tree:
Multi-platform FOSS, if none then:
Multi-platform propriety, if none then: