Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:06:01 +0900 (JST)
From:      Ajith Pasqual <pasqual@hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pasqual@hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ensoniq Soundscape VIVO 90 PnP

Hi!,

 Has any one got an Ensoniq SoundScape VIVO 90 PnP working with FreeBSD 2.1.6
? I've tried many options in the kernel (following tips from Mailing Archive,
FAQ etc.,) but still couldn't get any sound out of it ?
Boot probe says sb0 not found at 0x220.

This card has Sound Blaster Emulation at port 0x220.

Following a tip from a previous post, I've disabled PnP setting in BIOS and set
that IRQ 5 and 9 are used by an ISA Card. This poses no problems for Win95.
Soft booting after booting to DOS from a floppy also failed.

Here is the device configuration from Win95 : (For DOS)
MIDI : IRQ 9 Port 330

SB Enabled at 220 (checked)
Wave Address : 534
IRQ 5   DMA 1

When in DOS, SSConfig  gives the following settings (Automatic detection)

 Digital Audio : Port 330 IRQ = 7 DMA = 1
 MIDI : FM Synthesis OPL Chip Port 388

I tried these also by disabling lpt0 which conflicts with it.

The sound directory contains a file sscape.c. I tried to recompile the kernel
after including sscape0 as a device. It gives some errors when compiling one
program.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Since I've not subscribed to
mailing lists , pls copy any mail directly to me.

Thank you in advance.
Ajith.