Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:46:46 -0700
From:      Jonathan Feally <vulture@consult-scs.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSEC/NAT issues

As I think about it, it isn't IPSEC that needs to process twice once
before and once after ipfw. Its the other way around.
IPFW should first allow the ESP packets into the machine, then IPSEC
extracted the secured packet, and then IPFW will process the normal
packet again, thus allowing the divert to natd to acutally recieve the
non-ipsec version of the packet.
I did some poking around with the kernel code last night, but can't seem
to figure out where to cause a packet that was recieved as IPSEC to go
back though ipfw. I'll keep trying.
The files I've been looking though are sys/netinet/ip_input.c and
sys/netinet/ip_outpuit.c