Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:52:39 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_P=E5lsson?= <sm7wqo@sk7dd.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Motherboard AMD 2100+

Is any of these these motherboards suitable for building a multimedia BSD 4.7
can?
My needs are to play my MP3, burn CD's and play with graphics. Therefore I must
get the LAN, sound and graphics (with KDE3) to work flawlessly.

<http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UI
D=411&MODEL=MS-6738>MSI KM2M Combo Moderkort Socket A, Bulk - KM266, ATA/133,
M-ATX, USB2.0, VGA, LAN
<http://www.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7n266-vm/specification.htm>Asus A7N266-VM
Moderkort Socket A DDR nForce220D, ATA/100, M-ATX, ljud/LAN/VGA

If it's impossible to get any of those cards to get it all running at the same
time, I
need a suggestion for a cheap combo of MB, graphics and sound.

The motherboards i can select are on this page:

<http://www.komplett.se/k/kl.asp?AvdID=1&CatID=10&GrpID=5&t=845&l=2&orderBy
=KundePris>http://www.komplett.se/k/kl.asp?AvdID=1&CatID=10&GrpID=5&t=845&l
=2&orderBy=KundePris

Concern is to be taken that I do not wish to buy expensive memory or use any
special hacks.

Or just give me a suggestion.

Question 2:
For my M$ can, I have a Matsonic 8308 vith VIA chipset. If I like to kick Mr.
Gates of my
harddrive, will I get this motherboard to work?

Regards