Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:02:36 +0200
From:      Pekka Savola <Pekka.Savola@netcore.fi>
To:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Route table leaks

>I just did two installs from the 3.3-R CD to a test box.  First I
>selected only Gateway from the network menu, the second
>everything except routed.  In neither case was routed enabled.
>On the 3.4-RC install I did the other day I enabled gateway from
>that menu and did not end up with routed turned on.  ????????
>
>Today Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
>> Are you sure?  I can't see anythink in the current code path to imply
>> that, nor have I seen this happen in practice anytime lately.  Is
>> there a PR filed for it I can look at?

I have only used FreeBSD a couple of days and installed it twice, so I
can't really remember what I did in sysinstall.  However, the both times
routed got enabled I installed either "Devel" or "Everything" and
configured networking.

Even though routed would get installed by either of those, I don't think it
should be enabled without user intervention.

HTH,

Pekka Savola			pekkas@netcore.fi
---
Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb,
and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth. They
planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future
foretold.		-- Robert Jordan: The Path of Daggers