Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:50:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map@iphil.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, et-users@etinc.com
Subject:   Re: IP Accounting

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently using an ETINC HSSI card on FreeBSD 3.3.
>
> I would like to do accounting close to the way the Ciscos do Netflow
> Accounting.  I would need data on source and destination IP address and port.
> We use this for traffic engineering.

you have several alternatives, but one is to use dummynet with dynamic
pipes

	ipfw pipe 1 config mask all buckets 256
	ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any

and then
	 ipfw pipe 1 show

will show you per-flow traffic (the number of flows you can monitor
is the 'buckets' times the sysctl variable net.inet.ip.dummynet.max_chain_len
which defaults to 16. I think you can raise buckets to 1K, and the
sysctl var. to any value you want.

	cheers
	luigi