Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:45:17 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Ulrich Spoerlein <q@uni.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make clean does not respect WRKDIRPREFIX from command line

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:50:03PM +0100, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> i'm working with a seperate ports-directory for my own ports and ran acro=
ss
> the following problem. i have WRKDRIPREFIX set to /usr/tmp in
> /etc/make.conf, but i want to use WRKDIRPREFIX=3D"" for these special por=
ts
> (so i can just 'cd work/foo' instead of 'cd /usr/tmp/path/to/port').

If you use 'WRKDIRPREFIX=3D/usr/tmp' in /etc/make.conf, then make(1) will
set the WRKDIRPREFIX to /usr/tmp unconditionally, regardless of what you
have specified on the command line.  Can you try using
  WRKDIRPREFIX ?=3D /usr/tmp

instead, and see if this improves the situation?

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
because I didn't think of a good beginning of it.

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--