Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:59:35 +0200
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        "jogegabsd" <jogegabsd@myrealbox.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: APM not even a sign

On Friday 21 June 2002 23:24, jogegabsd wrote:
> Hello all. I'm trying to run apm on my laptop with 4.6-RELEASE.
> Now I had also this problem with 4.5-RELEASE.
> I reconfigure my kernel from this

How do you build your kernel? By "the new way" ('make buildkernel
KERNCONF=MYKERNEL' etc.)?

I just went through the same hell this afternoon trying to get apm working on
my ThinkPad. Followed every guidelines. Didn't work. (device not configured).

Then I just went in and build the kernel "the old way"

#cd /usr/src/sys/i386/config
#/usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL
#cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL
#make depend
#make
#make install

Voila... suddenly apm worked like a charm.... isn't the first time "the new
way" have given me headaches.

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk