Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:31:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Advocacy List <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Advocacy Site link on Yahoo!

On 27-Aug-99 Francisco Reyes wrote:
> That is a good thing no matter how it got there.

I'm not so sure about that. It may in fact be a bad thing since not only folks
here can find out about it easily, but those who use yahoo (what, 20 million
hits a day or something?) can also find out about it.

It is (I believe) not desirable for a full-blown "announcement" of the site at
this time. It would make development of the site harder for Preston and others
who are working to make it better rather than help users.. ;-)

As for the domain name, I think it's actually better if it remains as
"freebsd.tesserae.com", or if it takes upon its own domain name. That will give
it a sense of "separation" from the official FreeBSD project, which I think the
core team would prefer. ;-)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>