Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:12:51 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Sergey Homenkow" <hsw@psi.antar.bryansk.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newfs at msdos extended

In article <199909280416.AAA93480@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com> you wrote:
> Sergey W Homenkow wrote,
>> Hi, All!
>>
>> I have 3 primary partition and 1 msdos extended.
>> I want to use free space on msdos extended partition
>> to mount as /usr.
>> Can i do this ?

> FreeBSD can mount extended DOS partitions, but it cannot live inside
> of one. You can mount an extended partition as /usr, but it would be
> DOS. And that would break a lot of things that assume /usr is a
> UNIX-type (multiuser) FS.

If i can mount my "wd0s6" as msdos,
why i can't format this as ufs ?

I have trouble whith "disklabel" ("unknown disk type").
I think, if i set correct "label" to slice, i can
run "newfs" to got one.

> If you only have 4 partitions anyway, why not make them all 'real'
> ones.

I already have 3 slices, extended partitions (slice?) and 2 slice whitin.
And i want to use second slice in extended.

> And finally, remember that multiple FreeBSD partitions can (and
> usually do) live within one DOS partition (or in FreeBSDese,
> 'slices').

Ok.