Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 1996 23:22:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        darkstar@amf.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qlogic scsi driver for FreeBSD?

> > 	Now today I am trying to install FreeBSD on a freshly formatted
> > scsi hard drive using the Q-Logic FAS408 host adapter.  I have created
> > the boot floppy, and have made it to the install choices menu.  But our
> > host adapter does not seem to be supported in version: 2.1.5.  Is there
> > a qlogic driver available?  and how would I add this driver to the
> > system so that install will work correctly?  BTW:  the cdrom is also a
> > scsi drive so this adapter driver is very important.
>
> Qlogic controllers are not currently supported AFAIK.

Qlogic tend to want NDA's for many of their chips.  I imagine they
would frown on the appearance of the source for an unencumbered
driver...  :>   I've been moving designs to other vendors for
exactly this reason.  (from what I've seen of SCSI components,
Qlogic doesn't have anything particularly "earth shaking" to
protect...)

--don