Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 05:01:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Cartwright <P.Cartwright@livjm.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        cmsesmi1@livjm.ac.uk
Subject:   Older Versions of FreeBSD

Hi,

Does Anybody know if it is possible to download versions 2.0.5 or 2.1.x of
FreeBSD?

I ask because we are trying to build a kernel for a package called the
"Stoney Brook Video Server". This package includes modified kernel source
files to be used with FreeBSD 2.0.5 or 2.1. As I would expect the build
fails (at the "make depend" stage) under freeBSD 2.2.x, I think this is down
to header file incompatibilities.

Alternatively, is there any known way of compiling kernel
additions/modifications intended for eairler versions of FreeBSD under
FreeBSD 2.2.x?

Also is it possible that compilation errors at the "make depend" stage could
result from in incorrect environment setting when attempting to rebuild the
kernel, rather than kernel version mismatches.

I am new to FreeBSD and woul be grateful for any help or ideas, thanks,

                Paul Cartwright