Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 02:29:49 -0400 (EDT)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Questions)
Subject:   ES1371 on 3.x Stable

| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
	After having just completed cvsupping to 3.x Stable and successfully
performing build and install world as well as rebuilding my kernel, I can't
seem to get sound to work.  In the past I needed to apply a patch from
ftp.thebarn.org(not sure if this is the right name) for the card to work.
After updating the source, I figured that the support would be in the stable
sources.  The patch is no longer at this ftp site so I couldn't apply it even
if that would solve the problem.

Here is the info from cat /dev/sndstat...

FreeBSD Audio Driver (981002) May 21 2001 01:23:41
Installed devices:
pcm1: <ES1371Q AudioPCI> at 0xd400 irq 0 dma 0:0

Here are the pertinent parts of dmesg...

es1: <AudioPCI ES1371> rev 0x08 int a irq 17 on pci0.13.0
pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xd400
es1371: codec vendor CRY revision 19
es1371: codec features Bass & Treble Headphone out 20bit DAC 18bit ADC
es1371: stereo enhancement: Crystal Semiconductor 3D Stereo Enhancement

The IRQ's are different.  I am assuming that this is the problem.

I have booted with PnP OS both enabled and disabled.  I have the following
line in my kernel concerning the card.

device pcm0 at pci? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0

I have tried the above with both isa? and pci?.

Here is the output form vmstat -i...
interrupt      total      rate
clk0 irq2       64148       99
wdc0 irq14      25205       39
wdc1 irq15         12        0
atkbd0 irq1      2973        4
sio0 irq4        1995        3
sio1 irq3       18238       28
Total          112571      175

It does not have the soundcard listed.

Does anyone out there have this card working with 3.x Stable?  Does anyone
have a copy of the patch?  I am hesitant to upgrade to 4.x Stable just yet
which does have support for this card so this would really be my last option.

Thanks in advance
Ian

--
Have blue screens given you the blues, go to www.freebsd.org for the cure.