Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:36:56 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        rnejdl@ringofsaturn.com
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Troubleshooting a USB Bluetooth Dongle

Hello,

> I am trying to find a working bluetooth dongle or get the one I have
> working. I purchased a =EF=BB=BFASUS USB-BT211 [1] which is cheap but is =
not
> picked up by FreeBSD. All of the bluetooth devices mentioned on the
> website are not manufactured any more and I was hoping to be able to
> utilize something more recent. So, if anyone can recommend a recent
> device like the above or how I can assist in troubleshooting the device
> I purchased, I would appreciate any feedback.

i assume that you have kldload(8)ed ng_ubt(4) driver, correct?

if you did, and it still does not work, then could you please dump usb
descriptor for the device? quick google search suggests that at least
some of those adapters are based on atheros ar3011 chip (vendor/device
id 0x0cf3/0x3000) , and require firmware download. basically, very
similar to a certain broadcom chip, for which we have ubtbcmfw(4)
driver.

thanks,
max