Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:48:43 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Hello

>The FBSD 4 CD set is available from many FBSD FTP sites. Many people think
>they can just download the ISO image, burn it to CD and away they go. Well
>here a news flash for you, it's not that easy. First of all the ISO image
>is not supported in the MS/Windows world. Sure you can download it and=
 burn it

Wrong. That's exactly the process I used and it worked just fine. An ISO
image is just that - an ISO image, and any reasonable CD writing program
should work just fine. I used EZ-CD Creator, but I'm sure all the others
will work just fine.

>a fast internet connection, (IE: ISDN,DSL,CABLE) to download over. Using=
 an

It is big, of course. So yes, you need to download it on a fast connection.

Other sources for it:

1] My local CompUSA had a box, which contained the 4 disk set + 6 disks of
(undocumented!) packages, plus the excellent book "Complete FreeBSD".

2] http://www.cheapbytes.com has the 4 disk set of $12.99 + s&h

3] The new book "FreeBSD Unleashed" has 2 CDs in it, the 4.5 & 5.0 installs
CDs.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: