Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:34:31 -0500
From:      Christian Kuhtz <ck@adsu.bellsouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dell Precision 610/AIC-7890A(ARO-1130xA)

Hey gang:

Just got my new toy.  Has anyone attempted to install FreeBSD on a Dell
Precision 610 (2x450MHz Xeon)?  Any kernel configs people would like to share?
I haven't set up a box with SCSI controller/drives in a while and could use
some help since I'm pretty rusty on that end.

The SCSI controller is an Adaptec AHC-7890A (ARO-1130xA).  Under NT (yuck)
the two 9GB SCSI disks look like one large 18GB disk, and I am assuming this
is RAID magic at work.

I need to have a 2GB NT parition co-exist with FreeBSD (18GB-NT).

Any and all help (pointers, whatever) is greatly appreciated..

Cheers,
Chris

--
"Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists."
	-- John Kenneth Galbraith

[Disclaimer: I speak for myself and my views are my own and not in any way to
             be construed as the views of BellSouth Corporation. ]