Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:14:58 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Christopher J. Gibbons" <gibbons@dragonfire.penguinpowered.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4->4.0 ld-elf.so.1 error?

In message <20000321170437K.gibbons@dragonfire.penguinpowered.com> "Christopher J. Gibbons" writes:
:  Something like this might help (would have helped me when I did my upgrade
: from 3.4) in /usr/src/UPDATING: (feel free to include/exclude/edit/shred)
:
:      If you are using Kerberos, and before running the make buildworld command
:      comment out the line that reads MAKE_KERBEROS4=yes in /etc/make.conf.

OK.

:      Secondly, comment out the linux_enable=yes in /etc/rc.conf <-- that one
:      got me first time through, thank goodness for backups. ;-)

This is no longer necessary, since I've added install new modules to
the list :-)

:      Once 4.0 is running and completely installed uncomment the
:      MAKE_KERBEROS4=yes in /etc/make.conf. Run make buildworld again
:      to build the kerberized version and then go about the usual steps
:      for re-installing the OS from source. Basically, one is simply
:      re-building and re-installing 4.0 a second time to get kerberos
:      to build and install properly.
:
:      This is also a good time to uncomment linux_enable=yes in
:      /etc/rc.conf if linux emulation is so desired.
:
: Of course, _The_Better_Way_ would be to fix the 4.0 KerberosIV portion so it
: compiles under 3.4; however, that may not be an option simply because of the
: quasi-3.4/4.0 state when it builds.

OK.  Thanks for the info.

Warner