Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2007 02:58:36 -0600
From:      perlcat <perlcat@alltel.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnucash on amd64 6.2-stable pkg_add runs, but app fails

Having no end of trouble getting gnucash going.

Running pkg_add -r gnucash installs the app with minor dependency issues
(fixed the major ones already)

 ran cvsup yesterday, so sources are pretty current. make buildworld and
rebuilt kernel (to add options SMP...) ran without error 4 days ago. Linux
compat and all other apps I've installed run great (except acpi -- it freaks
when the sleep button is pressed...)

When I run gnucash from command line, it waits about 3 minutes before the
splash comes up, and eventually fails with this message:

Backtrace:
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* [primitive-load-path "hbci/hbci.scm"]

<unnamed port>: In procedure primitive-load-path in expression
(primitive-load-path name):
<unnamed port>: Unable to find file "hbci/hbci.scm" in load path

I'm not in the slightest interested in the home banking client interface. Is
there a place to remark that out?

If I cd to /usr/ports/finance/gnucash and do a make install clean, that fails
with:

configure: error: "libffi has not been ported to amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2."
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for libffi

libffi isn't ported to amd64, so you can't get there from here. I found a new
port of it, but it doesn't seem to be recognized after I'd built and
installed it.

downloaded source for gnucash 2.0.5 -- it fails on configure with this
message:

checking for popt.h... yes
checking for poptStrippedArgv in -lpopt... no
configure: error:

  popt 1.5 or newer is required to build gnucash.

I'm wondering if I need to do something about my libpath for the second two
errors -- but it's late, I'm about to give up, and I need to wake up in an
hour or so to go to work. Once again, I've "Just one more thing'ed" myself
into 3:00 am, right at the point where I am doing more harm than good. Am I
on the right track with libpath? Any pointers?

Thanks!