Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:36:53 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jack@sage-one.net>
To:        Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Public IP Address Redirect to 2nd Server

At 03:55 PM 4.22.2002 -0500, Nick Rogness wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Jack L. Stone wrote:

>> >	Install Apache+mod_ssl, then add mod_frontpage from the ports.
>> >

>> Tried that (several times) and have it on the server #2, but FrontPage will
>> not let me login to publish. If I could do that, I wouldn't need a second
>> server at all.
>
>	If it installs OK then it is probably a config issue you need to
>	solve.  I'm running the exact same setup on a couple of our web
>	servers.
>

>If it installs OK then it is probably a config issue you need to
>	solve.  I'm running the exact same setup on a couple of our web
>	servers.

I've installed Apache13_fp (apache-1.3.23) and have it configured/running
just fine on server #1, but because I need ssl, intalling
apache-1.3.24+mod_ssl + frontpage just doesn't allow me to login because of
"permissions". I have no doubts that there is some configuration problem,
but I just don't know what. Both FP installs *look* the same on both
servers.... configuring on each apache version from ports differs in some
way that needs special solutions. From remarks of others, it is not an
uncommon problem. I run fp_install after the apache+ssl +fp install which
contains chown/chmods in the script... but, after several tries, I thought
I'd do the workaround using two verions... 1 on each server. FP works fine
on server #1.

So, IF I didn't need ssl or IF I didn't need fp....

Thanks for the help....

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone