Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:51:55 -0600
From:      Peggy Wilkins <enlil65@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Portmaster quickly fails to update xcb-utils

When I try to follow the instructions in UPDATING for upgrading
xcb-util, using portmaster it fails very early in the process:

% portmaster -bDw -R -r xcb-util-0

===>>> Working on:
        xcb-util-0.3.6,1

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/x11/xcb-util

===>>> Launching 'make checksum' for x11/xcb-util in background
===>>> Gathering dependency list for x11/xcb-util from ports

===>>> Update failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for xcb-util-0.3.6,1 failed
===>>> Aborting update

Terminated
Terminated

I am seeing this on FreeBSD 7.4-RELEASE-p5 and FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3.
 I updated the ports tree again just now to be sure I have the latest
version and there is no change after doing that.

Any hints?  I'm not having much luck figuring out the problem myself,
since I don't know why a dependency check would fail here...