Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 1995 22:14:40 -0400
From:      David Meyer <Skynet1@Cris.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Com ports, ethernet, and all those hardware goodies

1) In FreeBSD 2.1.5, the /dev/ directory doesn't seem to have all the
devices I need. It doesn't have any of the SIOx (com ports) and I can't find
my Ethernet Card. I know that when it boots up it mentions the Ethernet Card
but I can't seem to find it.

2) Can I use all of my four com ports?? Is that supported?

3) How do I setup my printers on both my LPT ports??

4) How do I get FreeBSD unix to shutdown correctly?

5) I downloaded Apache-1.1.1.tgz from a non unix computer and brought the
file over to the UNIX computer. I did the TAR -XZF apache-1.1.1.tgz and it
uncompressed it now how do I set it up?? Through /stand/sysinstall?? What
settings do I use?

6) With a DOS Emulator for Unix will I be able to play video games like
Duke3d or Doom?
If I can and I want to do a network game will that work??

A response would be appreciated, Thank You > Skynet1@Cris.com