Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:53:16 -0600
From:      "William M. Grim" <wgrim@siue.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: symlink: /home -> /usr/home vs. /home -> usr/home in default installation

Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Andriy Tkachuk wrote:
>
>AT> The idea is this: if you mount your / to another
>AT> place (for example /mnt on another computer), your
>AT> /mnt/home will point to correct place (/mnt/usr/home)
>AT> instead of /usr/home.
>AT>
>AT> What do you, falks, think about this?
>
>FWIW, I'm making virtually every symlink relative instead of absolute for just
>this reason. (To be exact, more similar to Solaris' approach, so
>/sys -> ./usr/src/sys and /home -> ./usr/home)

This is the second time I've posted about this, but I'm beginning to
think this is a very good idea.  I really don't foresee any problems
with it.  Since you guys already have some of this work complete,
perhaps you could submit a PR for it?

--
William Michael Grim
Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville