Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:43:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        julian@elischer.org
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 38917 for review

In message: <20031001142349.A87379@FreeBSD.org>
            Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
: * "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> [ Date: 2003-09-30 ]
: 	[ w.r.t. Re: PERFORCE change 38917 for review ]
: > In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0309301448160.53279-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>
: >             Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
: > : Someone who understands all this stuff should update
: > :
: > : /usr/share/examples/drivers/make_device_driver.sh
: >
: > That's premature at this time.  We're trying to hash out the
: > guarnatees that various subsystems need to make in order to ensure
: > that we can successfully detach drivers.
:
: In other words, the strawman is being used to find the fundamental
: flaws/races/... that we need to grow the APIs/etc. to accomodate?
:
: Groovy.  Better APIs and primitives :D

Yes.  This is an anal-rentive view at our APIs and how they are
implement to make sure that we get all the driver issues dealt with
properly to effectively support removable drivers.

Warner