Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:34:47 -0000
From:      Jason Stewart <jstewart@rtl.org>
To:        Todd Kennedy <todd@selfassembled.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic on Install

On 20/11/03 01:24 -0500, Todd Kennedy wrote:
> Hello...
>
> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.9 (from the Mini CD ISO) on my system,
> yet the instant it tries to load the driver for my ethernet card, it
> has a Fatal trap 12.

Hi Todd,

Did you try testing your memory extensively? I've had bad memory work
fine in one OS and perform really badly in another. Memtest86
(http://www.memtest86.com/) has worked well for me in the past, but
I've had times when it wouldn't work, especially when the BIOS
reserves a chunk of memory that happens to be bad :)

Jason