Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:34:16 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad links with *.a libs for shared objects and bad patch

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 04:12, Sean McNeil wrote:
> What I ended up doing to get these to build was add the following to my
> /etc/make.conf temporarily to build them:
>
> CFLAGS=3D -O -pipe -fPIC

Just so long as you always always remember to take them out of make.conf=20
afterwards, lest you be labeled a moron (like I was when I forgot 'em, and=
=20
couldn't build world afterwards). Setting CFLAGS on the make command line o=
r=20
in the environment may have the same effect, and be safer.

=2D-=20
   "On top of that [watching KDE CVS] is interesting in a perverse=20
    way, like watching sausage get made. By very smart people." - dkite