Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:27:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      International Man of Mystery <wcooley@nakedape.navi.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resetting a TCP socket?

Is it possible to reset a TCP socket without rebooting?  My MySQL server
died, and netstat -a shows 'localhost:3306' as still used, even though
there's no daemon running.  I tried to delete the lo0 interface and
reconfig it, but that didn't help.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                             Naked Ape Consulting
wcooley@nakedape.navi.net                http://nakedape.navi.net

   Internet Meta-Resources: http://nakedape.navi.net/meta-res/
	       "All the Net you need to be a geek."

It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid pregnancy by a resort to
mathematics, though she is still forbidden to resort to physics and chemistry.
		-- H.L. Mencken