Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:16:29 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        Juan Palacios <job75214@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Supported Hardware

On 6/25/05, Juan Palacios <job75214@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
>      Anyone know what modems free bsd supports? Is pc
> bsd and free bsd from the same company? guy? Which is
> better?
> I know its in beat mode thou, pc bsd that's. So
> where's the modem compatibility list? Does it support
> intel 537 pci modem? thanks ...list please :>(

Most PCI bus modems are software modems aka Winmodems and yours is
too. You have two options; buy another modem or try and get yours to
work (it's possible). I would pick the first option (well, I already
have a big box full of them). The modem you're looking for is an
external v.92 serial modem. These modems will work with ANYTHING that
has an rs-232 serial port. You can pick one up on ebay for a few
bucks, say with the name brands like US Robotics, in-fact buy a US
Robotics modem. USR Sportster Faxmodem, back in the day you could not
go wrong with one of these babies.