Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:49:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Mustang1204@aol.com, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: UNIX

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Annelise Anderson wrote:

> Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:12:58 -0800 (PST)
> From: Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
> To: Mustang1204@aol.com
> Cc: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: UNIX
>
> On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 Mustang1204@aol.com wrote:
>
> > HEY WHAT UP I AM A SUDENT STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL. AND I HAVE SOME EXPERENCE IN
> > THE COMPUTER FELD BUT NOT TO MICH. BUT MY QUESTION IS I HAVE A 233 MGZ
> > COMPUTER WITH RIGHT NOW ONE HARD DRIVE WICH HAS WINDOWS 98 I WANT TO KEEP
> > WIDOWS 98 AND GET A SCOND DRIVE FOR FOR UNIX IS IT POSSIBLE AND HOW.
> >
> Sure, it's possible.  Get the drive, install it as a second drive on
> the primary IDE controller or the master on the second IDE controller,
> boot the installation CD-ROM for FreeBSD 4.5 (or 4.4) and follow the
> instructions on the screen.
>
> You might want to read the installation stuff on www.freebsd.org
> carefully though, so you don't inadvertently delete your Win 98.
>
> 	Annelise

When I first started multi-booting boxes I always physically removed the
hard drive with my (current) main opsys on it just so I wouldn't
accidentally kill it. Then, once you've installed your next opsys (FBSD
here) and are familiar with its bootloader you can pop in your win98 drive
and not trash it.

|-John Bleichert----syborg@stny.rr.com----------------|
|-------------------http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg--|