Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 2014 12:26:21 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   working with port options from commandline

Hi all.

I'm all about automation. I'd like to automate most tasks so I can
schedule them or write a script with which everything would be done
automatically.

I have some difficulties with current port options framework:

1. Is there a good way to set/unset any option from command line without
firing up dialog? Something like 'make -C port/dir -DSET=OPT1,OPT2
-DUNSET=OPT3 updateconfig'.

2. Is there a good way to query for option updates? You know when you
are building a port the option dialog will still be shown if there are
new options not present in current config. Can I get those options
somehow like 'make -C port/dir changedconfig'?

I think I need to write some scripts to handle this situations myself
but I just want to ask whether someone had done that before or maybe
such functionality is pending?

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.